October 1 marked the 121st anniversary of US Postal Service’s Rural Free Delivery. In 1896, the US Postal Service began delivering mail at no-cost to those living in rural areas – a convenience previously reserved for those living in urban areas. As a result, business owners were given the opportunity to promote their products and services to a much broader audience and, in turn, generate more exposure and dollars for their businesses.
More than a century later, we continue to rely heavily on the US Postal Service to deliver information, products and more to our mailboxes. However, times have drastically changed and the way consumers want to receive information continues to shift. The fact that we live in a digitally-driven world often leaves businesses assuming there is no longer a place for traditional marketing tactics. In reality, it is more important than ever for businesses to take an integrated approach to marketing, utilizing various outlets to promote their products, services and messaging.
An integrated approach combines direct mail, social media, advertising, public relations, email, etc. to ensure companies are reaching the greatest number of people in their target market. Here the top reasons to consider direct mail in your next integrated marketing campaign:
- Get in the hands of your target audience…literally
- With direct mail, audiences can be highly targeted. In fact, there are many parameters to choose from including location, household income, gender, age and more.
- Results are measurable
- Document the number of direct mail pieces sent out and create a call to action by using a special promo code, website address or phone number unique to that piece. This allows for the ability to track and record response rates and overall ROI.
- Make it personal
- Direct mail can be personalized by including the recipient’s first name or other personalized information. This helps to grab the attention of the recipient and increases response rates.
- Support the brand
- Communicating across multiple marketing platforms creates enhanced brand awareness, visibility and new business. Direct mail is a targeted approach that provides an affordable way to support the brand and overall marketing strategy.
An integrated marketing approach will have much better results than using any one marketing tactic alone. At Chartwell Agency, we work with our clients to develop and implement successful integrated marketing campaigns to help meet (and exceed) their overall business goals. Connect with us to learn more.
-Catherine Povalitis, Director